Job Title: Business Development Manager- GH
Department: Terragon Digital
Job Level: Senior Officer- Assistant Manager
Reports To: Head, Terragon Digital
Summary and Mission:
The Business Development Manager- GH will devise and lead the commercial activities to deliver profitable growth in Ghana. The incumbent will lead market entry strategy creation by territory, and work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive sales and brand awareness.
As opportunities abound in Digital Technology, we focus on making revolutionary impact across Africa. To make this happen, our business development strategy needs to be very robust.
Business development is as crucial as Technology in Terragon. As the Business Development Manager- GH, you will work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This role builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The incumbent will prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must be able to plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
The incumbent must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
Digital Marketing Skills and Experiences are a key part of this job description. The position will focus on Managing a portfolio of accounts, Ensuring that clients needs and requests are delivered on time and to specifications, Dealing with all aspects of a campaign, Leading and training other members of the account team, Managing the work of account executives,
The incumbent will be responsible for the growth of existing International Accounts to +30% YOY through relationship-sales feedback dynamics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager- GH functions;
- Responsible for developing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones.
- Invest in growing Terragon brand awareness in the region via networking activities, giving talks at industry events, and press releases
- Assemble and analyse lead information.
- Monitor performance of current businesses as well as any new leads/customers.
- Develop pipeline of new business for territory and take full accountability for each step of the new business sales process from identifying prospects to quoting and writing account plans for the brand focused sales win.
- Researching competition and extracting constructive feedback on product suitability to feed into the Products and Technology teams for new innovation in order to grow sales.
- Identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the current client base and bring new business opportunities to the business through your extended external network
- Develops case studies on clients’ business(es)
- Identify and communicate customer and market trends to enable Terragon anticipate and take advantage of market trends in a rapidly changing market
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to exceed the sales goals and objectives as it relates to existing business and new business for increased earnings and profitability. This includes assessing needs, trends, and growth opportunities.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions and negotiating and closing business deals
- Serve as a liaison between international Business Development and the Business units primarily on strategic matters and to ensure Business units’ support
- Provide a monthly and quarterly review of country based activities to inform and up-date Head Office decision making.
- Be alert to potential wider opportunities and be prepared to co-ordinate initiatives to raise the profile of the Institution and its services.
- Understand the Digital advertising landscape and Terragon’s marketing processes, to ensure products meet the needs of all stakeholders.
General Liaison with:
- Terragon’s Present & Prospective Clients/Customers
Key Internal Liaison:
Product Specialists, Client Services, Technology, Marketing & Corporate Communications
Educational Qualifications, Certifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent technical and business management experience required.
- A Business degree from one of the prestigious universities in the region, might be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Digital/Mobile Advertising
- 5 years’ experience in the Sales process, contracting and experience in negotiating complex sales agreements in international markets.
- Preferably over 3 years of agency experience
- Experience in International negotiation and customer relationships, research historical data utilize it for future proposals where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally 50%.
- Must have experience in a business-to-business market.
- Demonstrate ability to develop new business in territory.
- Detailed understanding of target account selling.
- Excellent communication skills with an entrepreneurial state of mind.
- Strong work ethic, with high energy, and positive attitude.
- Clearly understands accountability to performance and results!
- Time and territory management to include daily, weekly and quarterly communication.
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modelling skills.
- Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences.
- Deep understanding how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships and strategic investments while keeping focus on market share and revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of the technology and telecommunications competitive landscape in Africa.
- Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business and market development initiatives from creation to implementation.
Key Result Areas:
- Deliver international revenues as sent out in KPIs.
- Achieve cost of sales of 60% of revenue or less
- Ensure monthly revenue return
- Ensure client satisfaction by avidly measuring innovation per client, customer satisfaction & competitiveness
- Improve partner relationships
- Improve Communication & Collaboration
- Increase customer engagement
- Improve product configuration and pricing
How to Apply
Send your CV to [email protected]