Posted on :
8 Jun, 2016
8 Jun, 2016
Founded in 1998, the Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit research and advocacy institute. We are dedicated to promoting democracy, good governance and economic openness throughout Ghana and the African continent.
Our research is available to and used by governmental and non-governmental agencies, Africa regional bodies, development partners and the general public.
Job Title: Social Media Officer
• Must be familiar with the non-profit sector
• Must be able to design a social media strategy that is in line with the brand identity of the Centre and its audience
• Shall define strategies to build/enhance the follower/fan base of the Centre’s platform and strengthen the Centre’s engagement with them
• Shall coordinate with the Research and Programmes team; define paid-advertising events, and product launches, in order to implement them on various platforms that have been decided to be used
• Design a plan to tackle a social media reputation crisis when it occurs
• Work on the development of strategic alliances within the social media industry for future actions that can strengthen the growth of the Centre and its brand.
• Monitor website traffic, make sure the website is working properly and respond to website feedback
• Responsible for the content that appears on the website
• Determine the type, quality of content needed for the website
• Monitor the site’s statistics, such as user demographics and traffic flow
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first Degree, preferably in the Social Sciences (Sociology, Political Science or Economics) or Computer Science discipline
• Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and web applications or content management systems
• Must have good writing skills
• Knowledge of, and experience using MS Office, statistical package such as SPSS
• Flexibility and willingness to work on wide range of tasks
• Willingness to travel locally on a regular basis
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to multitask and work within set deadlines
• Good presentation skills are an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, current CVs with references and other supporting documents should be clearly labelled showing the position under consideration and sent to
The Human Resources Manager
P. O. Box LG 404
Fax; 233 302 763028 or
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 13 June, 2016
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CDD-Ghana is an equal opportunities employer.