Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Ventilation Engineer
Responsibilities & Duties for Ventilation Engineer
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, and actively promote Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness on the Mine.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations/ Ventilation systems of the Mine.
- Evaluate and propose optimum ventilation engineering solutions to facilitate the optimal extraction of gold ore from the underground mining operations
- Continuous monitoring and inspections of surface and underground ventilation infrastructure and report on their operating performance.
- Assist with the establishment and implementation of ventilation standards and protocol for Underground Operations.
- Conduct Primary/Secondary Ventilation Surveys, Heat Load Surveys and inspections.
- Conduct audit on ventilation infrastructure and consumable supplies when required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to the Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission.
- Conduct volumetric survey, pressure surveys, psychometric readings, dust, gas and fire monitoring and maintain a ventilation instrument register to ensure all calibrations are scheduled.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma/Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of mine ventilation engineering experience in an underground mining environment.
- Must be experienced with strategic Ventilation planning and budgeting.
- Must be able to perform financial analysis in a mining environment.
- Must have good working knowledge and understanding of underground mining methods, and design of ventilation circuit or systems.
- Must be a holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations 2012 L.I 2182, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must have strong knowledge of Ventilation on Demand systems.
- Must be a computer literate and have good working knowledge on ventilation software and planning tools, preferably Ventsim, Surpac, AutoCAD & MS Office Suite.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
- Must be able to drive underground
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018. [email protected] Or
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.