Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States,Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work,and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Responsibilities & Duties for Geotechnical Engineer
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program.
- Inspect underground geotechnical activities at start of shift to ensure correct procedures are being followed and all personnel are present.
- Maintain a positive and close working relationship with other groups in the mine to ensure smooth mining processes.
- Comply and ensures compliance, with established methodologies and quality standards related to mine operations while at the same time recommending new or alternate approaches.
- Co-coordinating the collection of data, its analysis and evaluation in order to ensure sound designs
- Working closely with the Mine Planning Engineers and Geologists within the Technical Services department as well as with Operations to ensure robust and safe designs.
- Ensuring underground/pit wall stability and quality control of support measures through the supervision of ground control, quality and testing programs
- Refining stope designs and extraction sequences to optimise mine longevity and ore recovery
- Experience with geotechnical core logging and face mapping
- Ensure that safety and welfare of employees is top priority at all times in the work site
- Any other job assigned by the Supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc. degree in Geological or Mining Engineering, preferably with specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics
- Proficient use of Rocscience softwares (DIPS, UNWEDGE, SLIDE, ROCKFALL, and PHASE2)
- Experience of using Surpac
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Complete working knowledge of Open pit and Underground Mining operations
- Knowledge of various underground, narrow vein mining methods
- Holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates will be an added advantage
- Must have a valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive underground
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 30th November, 2018. [email protected] Or
The Human Resources & C/PR Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.