The Mobile Maintenance Senior Planner is accountable to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent for the safe, efficient, accurate and cost effective mechanical maintenance of the mobile equipment fleet at Kinross Gold – Tasiast Mine. The incumbent will provide leadership, development, and direction to his subordinate staff that the business objectives of the Company are consistently achieved through the efficient management of the operation
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
- Develop, and implement long range planning, and short range planning including major and minor components.
- Prepare lubrication schedule for all mechanical equipment, initial fills, and frequency of lubrication.
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program to include equipment inspection sheets, preventative maintenance check sheets for all mobile equipment.
- Develop and implement a predictive maintenance program to include equipment inspections, inspection intervals to maintain equipment reliability.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the ERP JD Edwards maintenance program, become the maintenance champion and train the maintenance personnel.
- Assist in the development and implementation of work procedures, Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s), systems and standards that will comply with occupational health and workplace safety standards to meet Company and national guidelines, policies and legislation
- Actively promote the recognition in subordinate staff that the health and safety of their personnel is of the highest priority and cannot be compromised.
- Assist the technical training department in the development of a training matrix for all planning personnel and includes a methodology of assessment for each position.
- Prepare longer-term training program to keep all planning personnel up-to date in technical upgrades &/or improvements to maintenance / planning techniques.
- Assist in the determination of spare parts stock levels for all mobile equipment in the mine operations.
- Assist in the determination of all other consumable stock levels such as welding supplies, gases, fasteners, etc., with logistics and maintenance personnel.
- Closely liaise with the Mine Maintenance Superintendent and his/her teams to ensure that analytical results meet their business requirements in terms of timing and accuracy.
- Assist in the implement quality control procedures to ensure accuracy and re-produceability of all results.
- Monitor international practices and technology to advise management upon trends and alternative procedures to adopt in order to optimize mine performance and effectiveness.
- Provide input in the development of the operating and capital budget plans consistent with the goals of the business.
- Review, report, action and re-forecast departmental Key Performance Indicators on a regular basis which shall be no less than monthly.
- Assist in the proposal and implementation of authorized operating and capital expenditure strategies that will enhance the financial performance of the mobile maintenance department.
Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual and organizational development. Provides support to all areas on issues that jointly involve production and safety. Observes operations to detect violation of safety regulations and compile safety and production records. Assists in accident and incident investigations and ensures that recommendations are implemented by agreed upon dates. Wears PPE and actively promotes company programs related to environment, health and safety.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Work is technical and complex and involves non-routine and advanced technical assignments. Work is performed under limited direction according to broad guidelines. Problem resolution involves using judgment to adapt and apply procedures to address and resolve unusual problem situations. Outcomes are reviewed in terms of adherence to general policies, accuracy of methods and general efficiency. Ensures quality standards are upheld in their field of specialization.
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or a related field or, trade certificate equivalent with extensive experience in Heavy Equipment Maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years senior planning supervision experience in Heavy Equipment or Open Cut Mining.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities to develop expatriate and local staff.
- Hands on management style encouraging participative input but with clearly focused business goals.
- Ability to communicate in English and/or French.
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, CAT SIS, Komatsu KOMTRAX, JD Edwards, SAP, MIMS Ellipse, AMT, SOS.
- Familiar with the predictive maintenance processes.
- Overseas maintenance experience.
How To Apply
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should please apply using the link below