Ensure Control and compliance of the Principal expenses
Job Title: General Accountant
- Liaise with core, offsite, accounting group for General Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Manage and control Petty cash
- Ensure invoices for goods and services purchased are approved, appropriately recorded and reported in the general ledger
- Process invoices for payment with central accounting and Accounts Payable group
- Analyse, Reconcile, Control, Report and record all expenses incurred in business operations timeously in compliance with Colgate policies
- Review and posting of standard month end transactions and completion of any month end tasks in line with the month end timetable
- Follow up and resolution of any issues encountered during month end. Resolution and communication of any ad-hoc queries from the central team (Johannesburg).
- Internal control compliance and process improvement.
- Data input into CP accounting systems
- Review and posting of routine and adhoc financials transactions
- Active participation in the forecast process by providing data and analysis
- Assist with annual Budget and interim Latest Estimate preparation
- Accurate and timely Tax Submissions and reconciliations in accordance with local tax laws
- Preparation and submission of tax schedules
- Leading and ensuring completion of statutory audit. The General accountant will be the first point of contact for many audit queries and requirements.