Commercial Manager – Building & Construction – Ghana
Reference: SO 065
CA Global: Engineering and Construction (Africa Positions) has a client that is in need of a Commercial Manager (Building and Civil Projects). The position will be based in Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing staff of the commercial department
- Co-ordinating all quantity surveying activities of the Company at various sites
- Preparation of BoQ and pricing of tender documents (value estimation)
- Valuation of works for progress payments
- Preparation of claims for client approval
- Advising management on cost-minimization and revenue maximization
- Managing and administration of contracts
- HND, BSc. Or higher degree in Building Technology or Equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- Not less than 10 years hands-on experience in quantity surveying at Construction sites.
- Acquired Knowledge and Experience in contract administration notably FIDIC, JCT, NEC and/or any form of construction contract
- Experience in the preparation of BoQ and pricing for tender purposes.
- Acquired knowledge and experience in the use of quantity surveying or other pricing software.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of Candy software will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Projects software.
- Must have handled complex projects with values exceeding US$15 million
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Possessing drive and ability to work to tight time-targets.
- Ability to supervise staff and co-ordinate activities at various construction sites.
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements and you feel that you are suitable for this position, then please send through a copy of your updated CV to Stephen Oakes: [email protected]
If you do not hear anything within 2 weeks after you have submitted your application, consider it to be unsuccessful.