Posted on :
7 Dec, 2016
7 Dec, 2016
A reputable company in Tema, is seeking to recruit qualified and competent IT personnel, to join the IT Department to offer support services for the following vacant job position in the Information Technology Department within the company.
Job Title: Assistant Information Technology Manager
• The Assistant ICT Manager will be an innovative, results-driven leader with diverse IT experience ranging from cross-platform systems, network architectures, installation, implementation, integration, security and administration.
• The candidate should have an extensive experience in management of data centre operations, network systems, and application development and maintenance.
• The candidate should have an in depth knowledge and experience in information technology infrastructure planning, capacity management and analysis and system implementation
• He/she should have extensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers, Cisco switches and VoIP technologies be very conversant with Cisco security appliances such as ASA/PIX firewall, and Cisco Aironet wireless technologies.
• Supports, installs, maintains and troubleshoots all local area and wide area networking inter connectivity devices and related software
• Troubleshoots technical, operational or customer service conflicts
• Develop and implement the company’s IT policies and procedures
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, steam line work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
• Determines work requirements, priorities and best use of resources for scheduled operations as well as during unplanned incidents
• Ensures security of assigned operational centre and assumes delegated management responsibility during emergencies
Qualification Required & Experience
Critical Success Factors
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, information systems or related discipline from an accredited institution is required. Post graduate degree is a plus
• Recognised IT industry certification is required
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in an IT position, at least 2 years in supervisory level position
• Extensive hands-on experience and working knowledge with Cisco routers, Cisco switches and VoIP technologies
• High level proficiency in Cisco security appliances such as ASA/PIX, McAfee intrushield and ePO
• Have advanced knowledge of IP addressing and sub-netting, routing protocols, including EIGRP, BGP and OSPF routing schemes
• Skilled in advanced installation/troubleshooting experience of Cisco hardware/OS software, including 75xx, 72xx, 36xx and 26xx series routers, 65xx, 35xx layer2/3 switches
• Extensive Cisco Aironet and Ubiquity wireless technologies experience
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and securing Internet/Intranet environments
• Proven experience in designing and maintaining complex LAN/WAN environments including wireless and voice
• Hands on working knowledge of systems integration, implementation, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement and security management.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Enterprise servers and HP-UNIX
• Enterprise system deployments strategies
• Knowledge of or prior experience in IT auditing
• Application development experience
• Database administration
• Data centre management experience
How To Apply For The Job
All qualified and interested applicants may send their applications with CV including names of 2 professional referees to the e-mail address below:
Subject – Assistant IT Manager (November 2016)
Closing Date: 30 December, 2016