MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Rotating)
- Pro-actively search, prepare and deliver/follow-up upon cost saving initiatives,
- Work with the Engineering & MoC Lead to supervise subordinate engineers (Shared Resources) and other staff to provide a good balance of operational and engineering support advising O&M Managers,
- Manage the TEN & KNK (the Facilities) rotating equipment maintenance, repairs and alterations to ensure that an effective and auditable Planned Maintenance system is well planned, implemented, reviewed and improved to reflect a risk based maintenance philosophy, asset management fundamentals and operational experience,
- Provide oversight and manage the applied maintenance management metrics in line with the Operations Team KPI’s and Process Safety initiatives. Ensure Safety Critical maintenance is assigned and executed as per the maintenance plans,
- Provide oversight on the execution of safety critical maintenance executed on the Facilities. Lead and co-ordinate high quality maintenance and integrity management activities for the facilities,
- Assure the development and implementation of the maintenance and integrity management systems for the Facilities. To oversee ongoing engineering support to the Facilities Production, Maintenance, and Services’ departments, with regards to planned maintenance and work management,
- Provide oversight on the execution of safety critical maintenance executed on the Facilities,
- Lead RCA investigations, in-house and outside contracts. Prepare or review final reports and develop corrective actions,
- Lead maintenance improvement, associated cost management and reduction,
- Appropriate degree or formal technical qualification preferred. Tertiary education – engineering preferred but extensive operational experience in similar environments equally valid.
- Extensive experience with rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, turbines, etc.) with respect to: design, operation, maintenance and repairs.
- + 10 years’ experience in risk based asset integrity related to rotating equipment Maintenance and Integrity , with reliability management (development, review and continuous improvement)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative, national and international standards and requirements for Oil & Gas Facilities
- Experienced in Maintenance & Integrity development, materials management, reliability reviews and analysis and project management.
- Detailed knowledge of Asset & Integrity Management and standards (ISO55000) and ISO14224 application and implementation.
- High level maintenance and operational skills honed in national and international roles. Overseas and African experience beneficial.
- Physical aptitude to work on offshore environment if required.