The BU AFRICA Innovation & Digital Manager will be part of the Innovation & New Businesses (INB) team of BU AFRICA.
Job Title: Innovation & Digital Manager
The I&D Manager will be responsible for running the BU AFRICA Innovation & Digital strategy and targets and managing the future innovation Factory. This includes in particular :
- Defining an Innovation & Digital roadmap aligned with the ENGIE corporate strategy to Identify strategic opportunities with high growth potential, with special focus on digital technologies
- Creating and animating the conditions that will spur innovations across the entire BU
- Networking with new tech players (start-ups etc.)
- Designing and implementing solutions to incubate and take positions on innovations
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements :
- You hold at least a Masters’ degree in Economics, Finance, Communication, Sustainability management or Environmental sciences, from a reputable school.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, of which 5 years in Digital Transformation, Information Systems, Business development, Marketing, Communication or relevant related fields.
- Experience and knowledge of the African New Tech context is a strong plus
- Experience in the Energy industry is a plus
Soft skills :
- Curious, openminded and receptive
- Tenacious, bold and persistent
- Able to make decisions and undertake concrete actions
Operational skills :
- Capacity to conceive the innovation process as a global process embedded across functions
- Be able to design and implement a long-term growth strategy in line with the strategic challenges of the Business Unit
- Be able to manage risks by identifying, analysing and defining appropriate mitigation measures
- Be able to shape innovative partnerships and networks
- Be able to stay at the forefront of the new technologies and apprehend them in order to turn them into new opportunities
- Be able to understand the needs, wants and problems of our customers in order to address them with financially sustainable solutions
- Be able to setup the conditions that will spur the innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit within the BU
Language(s): Fluency in English, written and spoken; fluency in French is a plus.
Location (s): Ghana/ Kenya
Contract type: Local employment terms & conditions apply