Support the execution of all operational Task/Job for IN & VAS platforms and to deliver the required availability level and KPIs of all IN & VAS Services.
Job Title: Engineer, IN & VAS Operations
- Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other • Service and Support:
- Corrective Maintenance for IN & VAS Nodes
- Complaints-Ticket handling
- Problem troubleshooting.
- Preventive Maintenance (Checklists) on IN & VAS Nodes
- Database monitoring, troubleshooting
- Escalates anomalies to Manager in the form of simple reports in order to inform him of any potential unresolved problems
- Periodic testing of IN & VAS Services and ensuring proper functionality of the different servicing.
- Work closely with cross functional team for the design and implementation of any new service.
- Handling & Resolution of IN & VAS complaints within the set targets.
- Ensure proper handling of all third party Nodes and content provider
- Coordinate and assist with the integration of third party supplier
- Coordinate and Support the Managed services supplier and ensure appropriate KPIs monitoring
- Weekly review of Managed service operation with supplier with manager and other colleagues
- Compliant of VAS systems access security with the internal IT policies
- Execute daily system checks and initiate actions accordingly
- Responsible for emergency handling on the IN & VAS Systems.
- Minimum of Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT with at least 2 years’ experience in a Telecoms environment
- Expert in DB administration (Oracle / SQL)
- Expert in Solaris and Unix Operating systems
- Good knowledge in Unix shell scripting
- Good knowledge in NFS and clustered storage solutions
- Knowledge in GSM Services
- Knowledge in data presentation and analysis
- Basic Financial knowledge
- Commitment to the Organization
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Customer Focus
- Taking the Initiative
- Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team building abilities
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
- Ability to Multitask