Abosso Goldfields Ltd, a subsidiary of Gold Fields Limited. Located in a tropical climate, the Damang Gold Mine is a world-class operation,consisting of 25 Mtpa open pit-mining operations and a 5.2 Mtpa CIL metallurgical plant. The mine is situated in the Western Region of Ghana and is ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 certificated. It has a current Life of Mine expectency to the year 2019 and beyond.
Abosso Goldfields Limited is currently seeking a motivated Engineering Manager who will be responsible to manage, implement and control, comprehensive and effective engineering planned maintenance principles for the total mine site.
- The role responsibility will include but not be limited to – all Open Pit Heavy Mining Plant and Equipment (HME), the metallurgical Process Plant, 24 MW Power Generation Plant during periods of national grid power outages plus residential village infrastructural maintenance.
- The appointee will further be required to ensure effective liaison with Government agencies such as the Inspector of Machinery plus electrical and water supply authorities.
- Reporting into the General Manager, the incumbent will further be responsible to maintain all operational maintenance cost control within company guidelines, risk mitigating initiatives and critical parts analysis and inventory.
- He/She will maintain a safe and friendly environment and will ensure that effective engineering standards and procedures are developed and implemented in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- He/she will make use of knowledge, skill and experience to manage continuous improvement project identification and implementation
- The appointee will be required to identify with the KPI/KPA’s of the Mine
An attractive packages is available to the right applicant
Required Skills or Experience
- A recognised BSc graduate or equivalent Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
- Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in this environment
- Advanced level of technical communications, personal interaction and presentation skills
- Results-orientation to achieve production targets whilst ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and standards
- Strong organisational skills to manage all mine maintenance and selected sustainable project work
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures
- Exposure to environmental awareness programs
- Minimum of ten years senior management experience in a maintenance function in the mechanical and electrical, Open Pit mining and CIL mineral processing industry
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Development and mentoring of Engineering staff towards industry best practices
It would be advantageous if applicants have:
- A Government Certificate of Competency (Engineering Manager’s Certificate of Competency)
- A past Senior managerial role;
- Experience in rural housing and residential village infrastructure maintenance;
- Project management experience;
Interested parties should submit their curriculum vitae to: DGMAd[email protected]. Company details can be found at:http://www.goldfields.co.za
Note: “Gold Fields will only respond to applications that meet the necessary qualifications stipulated”
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
IF WE CANNOT MINE SAFELY, WE WILL NOT MINE
Closing: 15th June, 2011