EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingIT Global (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentor-ship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
Job Title: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide operations management of the HUB project across the national HUB locations, including coordination of personnel, project activities and financial and material resources. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff and implementing partners.
- Support the Country Manager with daily project management, contributing to project decision-making by providing input on the financial health and status of the project
- Coordinate with headquarters to ensure appropriate financial and administrative management and compliance with donor rules/regulations
- Identify areas of risk and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Ensure preparation and submission of financial reports, manage and monitor cash flows related to project expenses
- Lead annual budgeting exercise and collaborate with the Country Manager and other technical team leaders to ensure program activities are in accordance with the project budget and work plan
- Maintain and refine policies and procedures for the procurement and disposal of project goods and services, in compliance with project policies and procedures and regulations, and provide training to admin and finance staff on proper procurement procedures
- Review, negotiate, and approve all field office contracts (including service agreements, office leases, contracts), ensuring all required contractual terms and conditions are included and obtaining the best value to the project
- Oversee the process for renewing local hire employment contracts on an annual basis, ensuring annual performance reviews are completed and employment contracts renewed on time
- Lead the process for the recruitment of local staff, including review of job descriptions, salary negotiations, and contract development
- Provide guidance to supervisors on recruitment procedures, promotions, and performance management
- Develop and manage an online time sheet management system for local project staff
- Oversee local company registration requirements and ensure EQWIP maintains compliance with evolving local regulations (e.g. taxation, employment/labor, etc.)
- Ensure security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly and adhered to by the project teams. Monitor the security situation along with senior management and communicate procedures to staff
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- 5 to 7 years of demonstrated experience with mid-level management responsibilities for finances, procurement, human resources, and contracts
- Experience providing management and oversight of field office operations, especially across central and satellite offices
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage, motivate and mentor staff at all levels to create a positive team environment
- Strong knowledge of generally-accepted accounting and procurement practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required
- Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and basic functional knowledge of Quick Books or other field accounting software packages preferred
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be citizen of Ghana
How to Apply
Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to [email protected] with “Operations Manager (Ghana)” in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted.
Application Deadline: Thursday, November 24th, 2016 at 5pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.