Posted on :
4 Sep, 2020
4 Sep, 2020
Evaluation and review of credits, products, businesses, and industries in the Corporate & Institutional and Retail Banking segments; ensuring adherence to FBGL credit principles, policies, and procedures. Ad-hoc assignments and other responsibilities as delegated by Director, Credit Risk Management, and the Chief Risk Officer.
Job Title: Head Credit Evaluation and Review
DIMENSIONS & SCOPE
· Senior credit role with responsibility for the quality of the Bank’s Corporate & Institutional and Retail Banking credit portfolio, in collaboration with the Business Directors.
· Participate in the formulation of credit policies, procedures and standards
· Participate in Credit Committee sittings and maintain interface with Management, Board Sub Committee on Risk, External Auditors and regulators on credit issues
· Maintain good contacts with the business community and deep knowledge of trends and developments in businesses, industries and the economy as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· University degree, preferably in numerate discipline (Finance, Social Sciences, Sciences or Engineering) with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience. Relevant post-graduate and/or professional qualification is an added advantage.
· High level of knowledge of the Bank’s credit principles & policies. Must possess integrity, initiative, judgement, attention to detail and resourcefulness.
KEY RESULT AREAS
· Review of credit applications providing sound financial and business justification for proposals within defined, acceptable risk parameters relative to profitability and recommend appropriate facilities in line with risk evaluation standards.
· Develop strong working partnerships with Business Units and supporting business objectives with full consideration for credit quality and portfolio objectives
· Identify and structure low-risk, high-income transactions; make recommendations that will make business proposals and improve credit turnaround time.
· Effective analyses and recommendations where credit applications require referral to Management Credit Committee (MCC) and/or Board Risk Committee (BRC).
· Conduct Industry Reviews, Credit Policy Reviews, Product Paper Reviews, Risk Appetite Statements, Service Level Agreements, Target Market Studies and other credit policies, manuals and standards to improve credit delivery.
· Monitor and understand credit quality in any counterparty or industry and make recommendations regarding industry trends and implications on our portfolio through well defined and timely stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Process: Turn Around Time, Quality of Credit Evaluation and Processing Accuracy
· People: Teamwork, Communication, Ethics and Professionalism
· Customer Franchise: Customer (internal and external) Satisfaction
· Financial: Efficiency, Measurement, Growth and Performance of Loan Portfolio