Posted on :
14 Jun, 2016
14 Jun, 2016
Our company is a Non-Bank Financial Institution (NBFI) and a subsidiary of a multinational company. The Company has vacancies for highly motivated individuals with high integrity and a passion to succeed for hiring as
Job Title: Cashier.
Reports To: Branch Manager with functional reporting line to the Finance Manager
Location – Yendi , Northern Region
Purpose of the Job
• To take custody of cash brought into the branch and disbursement same over the counter on day-to-day basis.
• To assist the Branch Manager to manage the cash float of the Branch judiciously.
• Receive and count working cash at beginning of the day
• Identify customers before making any payment
• Accept cash and cheques in respect of outright settlement and loan repayment
• Process cash payment to customer in line with company’s procedures
• Issue cheques to customer in respect of loan disbursement
• Record all transactions promptly, accurately and in compliance with the company’s procedures
• Ensure that all cash handling procedures are followed to secure safety of cash.
• Account and declare in the appropriate forms all financial transaction, including cash handling during the day, report and declare shortages/ overages.
• Prepare appropriate vouchers for authorization by the Branch Manager in respect of operational expense.
• Act as Secondary Custodian of the safe and maintain a key register
• Help to promote good customer service and client relationships.
• Ensure customers meet all requirements before cash is disbursed after the credit officer has signed off the Check List. .
• Assist Branch Manager in the total cash float balancing and preparation of Day End Reports at the end of each trading day.
• Responsible for entries and safe keeping of all records on customer’s loan payment and must ensure that receipts are issued in respect of all funds received on behalf of the company (ie, disbursement sheet, refunds receipts, outright settlement receipts, arrears payment receipts etc.)
• Responsible for branch cash float tracking (Cash Float in/out) and reports to branch manager for cash draws request to be made to finance.
• Co-beneficiary for draws and other funds sent to the branch from head office
• Balance cash on hand and in safe at end of each day
• Ensure compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, HND or any equivalent relevant qualification.\
• 3- 5 years relevant experience in a NBFI environment
Competencies Required (Skills & Abilities)
• Strong numerical ability
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
• Discipline to adhere to principles and values of the company.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results to meet customer expectation.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent personal attributes such as accuracy and personal integrity.
• Ability to work with speed yet pay attention to details
• Must be fully computer literate in Microsoft office suit.
• Time management
• Problem solving
NB: Only candidates with the relevant experience in cashiering and are prepared to work in YENDI should apply.
Location: Yendi – Northern Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should apply by e-mail their CVs and cover letters details to:-
Closing Date: 16 June, 2016
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.