Posted on :
16 Aug, 2016
16 Aug, 2016
MODEC Ghana limited is a limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ghana. Our core business is to provide operations and maintenance support to oil field companies. MODEC is seeking applications from enthusiastic, creative and fully suitably qualified Ghanaians for appointment into challenging. stimulating and exciting opportunities in the oil and gas industry as
Job Title: Technical Engineers (4 Positions)
• Rotating Equipment Engineer
• Process Engineer
• Control Systems Engineer
• Electrical Engineer
Qualification Required & Experience
• A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Highly desirable experienced Electrical Engineer with experience on Offshore facilities or process facilities with HV / LV systems, UPS, Motors and Power Generation systems
• 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
• Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oH & gas industry. and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
• High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
• Knowledge of the maintenance management system AM OS or other CMMS
• Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO.
• C&G/ONC/HNC and equivalent computer Engineering I or “Controls systems Engineering” trade background.
• NVQ Certificate III Diplcrna-lnstrument Process Engineering
• SVQ3 – Maintaining Plant & Systems – Instrument I Controls systems
• Good knowledge of all instrument systems including metering. telecorns, emergency shutdown, fire &’gas detection I protection systems
• Experienced in DCS and PLC systems and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of UPS, Instrument control, power management and protection systems,
• Have good knowledge of, Automated Control, Fire and Gas, T elecoms, Fiscal metering & ESD systems.
• CompEx Fundamental Certified
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience and 3 years of leadership. At least 5 of years offshore oil and gas or relevant industry experience.
• Bachelor-of Science in a technical safety field, preferably Occupational Health & Safety
• 5+ years of experience in an operating facility, or equivalent, with experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
• Process Engineering, Capital Project, Management, Safe Operations, Process Safety Management, or Risk Assessment.
• Must be technically proficient in all areas of process safety and loss prevention
• Experience in Chemical or Petrochemical industry in a plant environment
• Lead Auditing experience
• Technically proficient in all areas of process safety and loss prevention
• PHA (Process Hazard Analysis) I LOPA (Layer of Protection Analysis) facilitator
• Training and application experience in qualitative risk assessment techniques (hazard and operability studies – HAZOPs)
• 7 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience Offshore facilities and equipment including Aero derivative Gas Turbine Generators, Steam Turbines, Multistage Centrifugal Pumps and Compressors, PD Pumps and Compressors, Diesel Engines
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with condition monitoring systems for rotating equipment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letters to the recruitment officer at:
Closing Date: 24 August, 2016
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
• MODEC Ghana is an equal employment opportunity organisation.