Posted on :
8 Dec, 2016
8 Dec, 2016
For more than 36 years, Chemonics has remained dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
By promoting meaningful change around the world we help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better. We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
Chemonics International seeks an experienced Technical Director for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program based in Accra, Ghana.
Job Title: Technical Director
• The Technical Director will report directly to the Country Director and is responsible for assisting the Country Director with development and implementation of management systems and supervision of technical staff
• S/He will provide oversight of all technical aspects of the project
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Directly supervise technical staff including systems strengthening team, Public Health Programs Team and Warehouse & Transport Team
• Support efforts to improve and strengthen in-country supply chains to ensure health products are available when needed and can get to where they are needed, bridge the gap between the Ghana Ministry of Health (“GMOH”) and supply chain operators, improve visibility at all levels of the supply chain to strengthen accountability and strengthen environments for commodity security through increased knowledge management and dissemination
• Strengthen warehousing and distribution planning capacity of central and regional levels
• Provide the necessary oversight and technical guidance required to develop and implement modalities for tracking availability and movement of program commodities in and out of the Regional Medical Stores (“RMS”).
• Ensure that the technical team establish partnerships to coordinate the distribution of health commodities from contracted central warehouse to RMS.
• Ensures preparation and dissemination regular stock status reports
• Provide technical support and guidance for the planning and implementation of quaterly and use verification visits to all regions.
Qualification Required & Experience
Our ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies leadership, integrity and diplomacy and brings demonstrated and proactive problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required(pharmacy, public health management, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and/or supply chain management systems and international project management required, including strong skills in procurement/subcontracting, M&E systems, compliance and financial management
• Thorough knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements required experience managing USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred
• Knowledge of distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting required
• Strong leadership and motivational ability and interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please submit your application to:
Closing Date: 19 December, 2016