Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Job Title: Category Manager
Role & Responsibilities:
We are in search of a Category Manger who thrives in complex and ambiguous situations, possess a strong knowledge in product innovation and is passionate about brand strategy. As the job holder, Innovation you should have experience with brand innovation, assisting with the development of product innovation pipeline, and building a holistic brand strategy. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace. This role reports to the Director Marketing, Africa and works closely with cross-functional partners including operations, design, procurement, quality assurance, sales, regulatory, and R&D.
What can you expect from us?
- Guiding the development and execution of global Africa product innovation pipeline and leading projects from ideation to launch
- Assessing the market sizing of potential new categories leveraging a consumer, company, and competitive analysis while considering price, product, promotions, and placement
- Building a consumer-driven innovation pipeline and product propositions with collaboration from key cross-functional teams (insights, analytics, R&D)
- Developing business cases (in collaboration with R&D, operations, sales, finance, supply chain, procurement, etc.) that deliver on key performance indicators including developing cost estimates, pricing, and capex
- Lead projects commercialization taking projects from idea to execution in collaboration with key cross-functional teams (product development, operations, regulatory, legal, finance, sales, etc.) – includes product and packaging development, manufacturing pathways, marketing
- Developing integrated new product launch campaigns, POS, digital, etc.
- Collaborating with sales and retail partners to effectively execute commercial plans and to develop programing for key customers
- Collaborate and develop the talents of others with the potential of leading a team of direct reports
- Managing and tracking A&P and innovation budgets
What do we expect from you?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has excellent communication and relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or related subject matter. Advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years’ relevant experience; consumer goods/alcohol experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative consumer-driven product plans and commercialize with excellence
- Ability to set agenda and chart course forward in a lean team environment
- Ability to think out-of-the box and drive creative solutions
- Ability to read/analyze consumer research and syndicated data and trends
- Experience with understanding/interpreting financials and in managing a budget
- Experience involving product pricing, packaging and brand positioning
- Passion for the consumer with creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills while being process orientated
- Very organized and hard-working with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
Closing Date : 27 August, 2020