Posted on :
8 Nov, 2018
8 Nov, 2018
Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods. Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, the Group is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Since its launch, more than 40 years ago in Africa, Jumbo has become the leading brand, strongly integrated into the local culinary heritage. Today, Jumbo is a well-loved brand reputed as a friend and a partner to women in their efforts to nurture happy and healthy families. Every year 4 billion Jumbo cubes are consumed throughout the African continent.
Gino provides a wide range of quality products to African families: tomato paste and mix, seasonings, pasta and rice among other products.
Job Title: Senior General Accountant
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior General Account Specialist, that will join our Finance Administration department, being responsible for the general ledger of our Business in Ghana.
The related transactions but not exhaustive are:
– Travel expenses
– Prepaid expenses
– Operating expenses (rental fees, energy (electricity, fuel & gas and water supply costs, etc.)
– Organize the filing of the supporting documents
– Manage the petty cash (ensure the postings of all the transactions on a timely basis and work in accordance with the procedures in place)
– Prepare and pay for the various taxes and social security charges, ensuring correct credit of the same in all managed companies.
– Ensure that all the taxes are declared and paid on time,
– Be aware of all the tax risks and work accordingly
– Report all the relevant tax issues identified systematically to the direct report
– Prepare and control the inter-company invoices and accounts to adjust the internal billing situation of services between companies of the GBFOODS.
– Reconcile on a monthly basis the inter- company accounts
– Review all the differences noted and liaise with Corporate team
– Post all the relating adjustments
-Academic requirements: Superior level vocational training in accounting
-Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position
-Previous experience in Accounts Payable, Tax, Treasury very desirable
-Tool/ Software: Good knowledge of SAP- FI (General accounting, Account payables, Customers, Banks, …)
-Ability to work under pressure with good communication skills
-Rigorous, autonomous, innovative and proactive