GE works in Ghana to support economic growth through infrastructure development especially in the power, healthcare and transport sectors. GE is working with Ghana’s leaders on plans to develop the critical infrastructure needed for continued energy management in the country.
In 2014, GE opened a new 200-capacity permanent office in Accra, with a total of 45 employees – 95% of which are Ghanaians.
Job Title: Renewable Energy Sales Manager
GE’s Renewable Energy Sales Manager for Wind and Solar will be responsible for obtaining orders and sales by driving and implementing commercial strategy. This critical leadership position will be counted on to grow GE’s Renewable Power business in West Africa.
- Work with customers to determine appropriate product/service solutions to solve their challenges and grow their business
- Cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations
- Contribute to defining and implementing marketing strategies to increase orders volume and profitability
- Establish a systematic business-scouting program with the purpose of identifying existing and new market opportunities
- Leverage cross-functional and cross business resources in order to maximize market penetration
- Work closely with Country Executives to understand the broad GE strategy and key business objectives
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Administration
- Power/Energy industry experience, ideally with a focus in Wind Turbines
- 7-10 years of direct and strategic sales
- Project Development experience in the Power sector
- Ability to structure, price, negotiate and close infrastructure deals
- Track record for driving growth and generating new customers
- Customer-centric mind-set, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Collaborative; able to interface with both internal team members and external partners as part of a solution-based process
- Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Open to extensive travel
- English language fluency (oral/ written)
• A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) Nigerians only.
• Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.