This role will be measured on its customer relationship and the ability to produce financial and operating results for the Contractual Service Agreement (CSA). Each Contract Performance Manager (CPM) will be required to work independently to manage long-term service agreements. CPM’s are co-located with their respective customer and are responsible for delivering high quality customer solutions including new products, outage planning, parts & repair delivery via project management tools.
Job Title: Senior Contract Performance Manager (CPM)
Roles and Responsibilities
- All contract performance related activities , typically tied to a customer site. Perform in the role as the interface between the customer and the project team, managing the transfer of information and requests.Assure timely resolution of issues and keep the customer advised of the progress of the project, and negotiate changes and variations and solutions to any issue arising. Responsible for adherence to contract service, operations, and performance specifications, as well as financial & technical metrics specific to contract. Perform proposal negotiation, and contract administration functions on assigned proposals / contracts with minimal supervision · Provide support to manager and senior contracts personnel on assigned contracts Function as the liaison for the customer on contract matters
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical from an accredited university/college with at least 7 years power generation experience and/or industry related experience.
- Turbine technology experience (minimum of 5 years).
- Demonstrated management experience (minimum of 5 years).
- Fluent in spoken/written English
- Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (GE employees only).
- 9E Gas Turbine, GE Steam Turbine and BOP knowledge.
- Familiarity with long-term parts and services contracts.
- Sales experience with direct customer interface.
- G/T Field Engineering Program (FEP) or other G/T Technical experience.
- Successful P&L experience.
- Demonstrated communication & organizational skills.
- Proficiency with computer tools.
- Strong business / financial skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills
- Technically savvy while having strong business acumen and ability to drive overall solutions/rigor to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.