We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Job Title: Jr Account Payable Analyst
Your work-life opportunity:
We’re looking for an organized, detail oriented and ambitious accountant to join our Finance team at our Accra office
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Review all supplier invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Prepares batch payment
- Book supplier invoices and expense reports with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
- Prepare needed information for VAT declaration
- Lead on all procurement and service supply for the team
- prepare payment sheet and analysis for Glovo Partners
- ensure all regulatory payment have been done on their stipulated timelines (PAYE, WHT, VAT, SSNIT)
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, Navision experience a plus
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently and Advanced English
- Highly motivated in the world of start-ups and new technologies
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work with energy, innovation and passion for what we do. We are committed.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, and abilities.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.