Posted on :
23 Mar, 2020
23 Mar, 2020
GNPC Operating Services Company Limited (GOSCO) is currrently the Operator of the Offshore South-West Tano Licence in Ghana. The company is looking for a Logistic Manager for 1 year contract
Job Title: Logistics / Base Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure adequate resources are established and maintained to facilitate planning / execution of logistics operations in support of well operations to the required company standard
• Produce project specific Logistics Plan
• Review and update of company logistics policies and procedures (as/when required) to ensure that legislation / regulations are being adhered to and where company may benefit from the use of industry best practices.
• Ensure customs clearance and permit requirements are understood and adhered to for both the country of export and the country of import.
• Manage / support the GOSCO Logistics team in delivering the operations in a safe and cost-effective manner.
• Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of personnel and operations at the Supply Base.
• Ensure a fit for purpose and effective supply base facility that matches operations requirements.
• Manage marine operations, including inbound/outbound material and equipment movements in line with operational and project requirements.
• Manage personnel transportation, including in-country aviation operations and in-country personnel vehicles.
• Manage performance reporting across all aspects of Logistics, including budget, service levels and compliance.
• Maintenance of rental equipment and inventory management / tracking systems to track the movements and location of all company and service contractor equipment and materials between the supply base, drilling units and subsequent returns to contractors.
• Participate in daily operations calls / be available for operational call-out on an as required basis twenty-four (24) hours per day.
• Overall budget responsibility for Logistics expenditure.
• Responsible for preparing the logistics element of the annual WP&B.
• Responsible for delivery of the logistics operations in line with budget approval. Verification of logistics related invoices.
• Responsible for reporting cost performance against budget on an ongoing basis.
• Manage 3rd party compliance with GOSCO HSEMS ensuring vehicles and plant are in compliance with required standards.
• Assist with GOSCO / 3rd party supply base visits and HSE audits (to demonstrate company commitment to HSE to all parties).
Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma in logistics and supply chain management or equivalent (preferred) IATA Approved Dangerous Goods by Sea and Air formal qualification
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team. Proficient with IT and industry software
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant oilfield experience in a similar role.
• Experience working in remote locations.
• Experience working in a small / start -up company environment.
• Familiarity with applicable industry and government safety, health standards and regulations.
• Experience preparing Logistics Plans for single string / remote operations.
• Broad experience of C & P procedures including preparation of scopes of work, tender evaluation and preparing recommendations for award.
• Broad operational experience in offshore supply base operations, supply vessel operations and limitations. —
• Ability to perform a dual role of Logistics Manager (planning) and Base Manager (operations)
• Strong leadership skills / calm and decisive under pressure / action oriented.
• Technical confidence and independence / unafraid to understand and address issues.
• Excellent communication skills / good communicator internally and externally / ability ro influence others
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 March, 2020
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.