Abosso Goldfields Limited, a subsidiary of Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to employ a competent and experienced individual for the position of a Chief Engineer. The incumbent will assist to manage and control all engineering activities on the mine including the maintenance of the process plant, power generating plant, electrical reticulation etc. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Chief Engineer will additionally be responsible for effective people and systems management in accordance with Gold Fields Ghana Operating Standards and Procedures.
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- Drive sound principles of Health and Safety in line with Gold Fields standards and procedures.
- Set and commit to the achievement of equipment /plant availability and performance targets
- Develop effective engineering standards and procedures and drive subsequent implementation of same in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Assist to deliver engineering services to meet the standards/ requirements of relevant governmental agencies.
- Drive operational cost control and maintain expenditure within approved budgets.
- Develop the skills and competencies of subordinates to ensure a pipe line of talent required to deliver the business objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must poses a professional engineer ticket and be in good standing firm a recognized body
- Sound understanding and demonstrated expertise in high and medium voltage power systems.
- A sound understanding and experience in process control systems.
- A m inimum of eight (10) years technical experience in a maintenance function in process plants
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience at the level ofPlant or Chief Engineer.
- Working Knowledge and experience on gold processing plant.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in a plant environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office/ MS Project, CAD and a working knowledge of SAP planned maintenance (PM).
- Medical fitness for the position and environment