Job Title: Section Manager Engineering SIB
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Government Certificate of Competency will be advantageous
- Professional Project Management qualification will be advantageous
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test , and such other tests as may be required to assess the applicant’s suitability for employment.
- Demonstrated strong operational experience in project management within the resources industry.
- D emonstrated strong operational experience in construction management within the resources industry
- Strong operational experience in capital management and cost control
- Strong operational experience in the application of Asset Management Principles in capital projects.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written/presentation form
- Resilience and the ability to adapt to change and deal with some degree of ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience in trackless machinery maintenance, shafts and winders
- Demonstrated experience in equipment life cycle modelling and costing
- People management experience
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
- Ability to apply a systematic, knowledge-based problem-solving approach and structured methodologies (such as root cause analysis and statistical analysis) to investigate risks and opportunities to create effective, value-add technical solutions.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide visible felt leadership in safety, Goldfields values and sustainable development.
- Manage different infrastructure project teams executing SIB projects
- Manage the refurbishment workshops and teams
- Undertake technical analysis, collects and assesses evidence, generates and evaluates options and shares recommendations.
- Setting-up of required controls to ensure delivery against defined project standards and objectives.
- Defining project needs statements and translate into appropriate requirements statements to support effective scope management in line with best practice principles.
- Execute and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of project engineering systems and processes.
- Perform and execute research type feasibility and project engineering activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards and specifications for the execution of projects engineering.
- Develop and support project engineering discipline and standards.
- Provide people leadership within the function/section by managing workload, assigning tasks and reviewing/ recognising outputs of team members.
- Develop capital budgetary requirements through continual review of integrity assessments on the infrastructure.
- Identify, define and respond appropriately to all risks that might affect successful delivery and function/section capability.
- Drives the delivery of technical solutions in projects and operations by demonstrating project management skills and active resource management, including effective control of budgets, deliverables, staff and contracts.
- Effectively apply project and resource management tools and techniques within own role. Adheres to standards and recommended practices.