Posted on :
25 Aug, 2017
25 Aug, 2017
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSR), with head office in Toronto, Canada, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region.
Job Title: Underground Safety Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall
• Conduct audits and task observations to determine the standard of safety practices on the mine.
• Review current safety policies and recommend changes to management.
• Help formulate safety policies and in ensuring compliance with mining regulations at all times.
• Liaise with Mining Engineers in ensuring that Health and Safety concerns are addressed in the design and mining operations.
• Recommend the standard Personal Protective Equipment required for any job or assignment
• Educate, train and re-train employees on hazard identification, safe working procedures, reporting and documentation in promoting and maintaining safety-mindedness of workers.
• Ensure that employees are trained and certified by the regulatory bodies in use and operation of equipment and machinery as required.
• Conduct incident investigations and report on the causes and make recommendations to management
• Conduct Risk Assessments and train subordinates accordingly.
• Check employees for breach of safety practices and recommend appropriate disciplinary measures.
• Review the ventilation system with the Ventilation Department to improve or maintain air circulation in all Underground Department.
• Participate in Mine Rescue activities.
• Participate in Mine First Aid Training activities.
• All other jobs required of an underground safety Engineer and as will be directed from time to time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND in Engineering with five (5) years post qualification experience
• Underground Mine Experience is essential.
• Good computer skills in Power Point, Word, Excel
• Relevant regulatory certification.
• Good understanding of mining environment
• Knowledge of mining regulations and reporting
• Hazard identification and investigation
• Ability to train
• Ability to understand engineering systems work flow and co-ordination.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents, email addresses, and phone numbers to:
or the addresses below:
THE HR/ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B TARKWA
Closing Date: 08 September, 2017
Note: Only short listed applicants shall be contacted.