Groupe Nduom is a family business group of Ghanaian origin. Our businesses and social enterprises include entities in the Tourism, Investment Advisory and Management, Financial Services, Technology, Media, Management Consulting, Cross Border Trade and Sports industries. Groupe Nduom’s managers are identifying growth opportunities within rapidly expanding West African countries and plan to leverage that growth throughout the African Diaspora world-wide over the long term.
Job Title: Risk Officer, GN Bank
The job holder is to provide support in the management of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks in GN Bank.
- Assist in the development and management processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments.
- Assist in the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Monitor major and critical risk issues in GN Bank
- Manage the process for elevating control risks to more senior levels when appropriate.
- Manage the corporate risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain infrastructure elements (e.g. management reporting, including reporting to senior management).
- Ensure technical specifications meet the stated needs of the business.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct and document the bank’s risk assessments to industry standards
- Ensure the program is effectively integrated into product development and delivery methodology.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in risk management or a similar role in a banking industry
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, legal documents, governmental regulations, and professional publications
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, attorneys, vendors, government agents, and the general public
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate ideas and information effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows Office Suite
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application to [email protected] by 15th March, 2017.