Posted on :
12 Mar, 2018
12 Mar, 2018
Hollard Insurance Ghana Limited (Hollard) is among the top five Insurance Companies in Ghana by gross premium income. Hollard has been operating in Ghana since October, 1993 as Metropolitan Insurance (MET) until 2015 when the Hollard Group acquired a majority shareholding in the Company. With our headquarters in South Africa but our feet firmly planted on Ghanaian soil, we are able to deliver innovative insurance solutions that are customized to unique risks.
We are certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute with a network of 4 branches, 24 secondary distribution networks and 40 fulltime commission based Sales Executives working across Ghana.
Hollard Ghana is looking for an Accounts Officer
Job Title: Accounts Officer
To be responsible for all cash transactions at the Takoradi Branch Office and ensure standards and compliance to corporate and statutory policies and proper documentation for all transactions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Process all cash transaction reports in strict accordance with standards
• Receive and process cash from customers, balancing daily receipts and forwarding receipts for approval
• Write cheques for approved claims, commissions and other expenses/payments
• Pass the appropriate ledger entries on all payments and oversee cash inventory
• Lodge all cash and cheques received as per agreed timelines
• Conduct other business that may be assign by the Treasurer/Branch Manager
• Vet and issues receipts for manual transactions carried at the agency offices
• Prepare and submit daily/weekly/monthly returns on all financial transactions to the Finance & Accounts Department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND or related qualification in Accounting
• Foundation level in ACCA, ICA or CIMA will be an advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years post National Service experience
• Advanced computer literacy in MS Office
• Ability to preparation of financial reports and statements
• Numerical skills and attention to details.
• Knowledge of Computerized accounting programs
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a cover letter and a current resume to: [email protected] Please indicating Account Officer as the subject of your email
. Closing Date: 14 March, 2018
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.