We are looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to manage all IT related processes at the hotel and Safari. This person will perform analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning and installation of new and existing personal devices and workstations; and diagnosing and resolving of problems in response to reported incidents.
Job Title: Information Technology Support Specialist
- Assist employees with the installation of software and maintenance of laptops, PCs, printers, desk phones and other electronic equipment;
- Perform monitoring on all network, server, application, security and infrastructure configuration items;
- Perform scheduled maintenance activities and tasks such as antivirus, operating systems and other software updates, user client maintenance and the others;
- Notify status of incidents to internal and external contacts;
- Consistent evaluation of IT systems to ensure that they meet demands;
- Assisting with network administration tasks;
- Ensuring that data storage is safe, secure and up to date;
- Resolving all issues staff have with their company IT systems and software;
- Preventative maintenance;
- Educating coworkers about network security and best practices for computer usage;
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the hotel’s computer and WIFI networks; and
- Managing patch management, antivirus and backup units.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- A working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming;
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Good organization, time management and prioritization abilities;
- Efficient troubleshooting capabilities;
- Effective communication skills;
- Great customer service and interpersonal prowess;
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/Security and related technologies; and
- Knowledge of Server systems, Operating Systems and Storage architecture.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a System and Network Support Specialist position; and
- Excellent oral and written English.
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar in computer science, electronics engineering, information technology, computer engineering, or any equivalent or related department.