Hired Capital is a recruiting firm specializing in recruiting solutions in Africa. We are based in Accra, Ghana and recruit for various industries. Our best candidates are professional with deep local expertise in Africa.
Our client, a publicly listed company in the oil and gas industry is filing for the position of an Information Technology service Engineer.
The IT Services Engineer will develop a strong understanding of the IT function, which supports a wide variety of IT services within IT Operations, Infrastructure, and IT Business Systems and will report to the IT Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs tasks as a member of the assigned team to gain experience and knowledge of the job as designated by supervisor
- Completes training roadmap for IT Services Engineers on time
- Tracks all requests via the designated Incident, Problem or Configuration Management system
- Implements, supports, uses, and communicates existing best practice policies and procedures
- Works with decision makers, stakeholders, and clients to define business requirements, system goals and help resolve client issues
The IT Services Engineer will work in one of the following categories:
- Maintains the network support process
- Deploys customers LANs, WANs and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs and other communication and related hardware
- Uses network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics, and create reports
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Monitors/updates IT security elements, operating systems and patches to supported release levels for OS and database environments and maintain the distributed services/systems support process
- Maintains databases and manages backup, data recovery, user access and security functions and must sustain computer operating systems on various host computers
- Recommends specific hardware/software for different solutions and provides estimated pricing and purchase orders
- Understands and maintains IT infrastructure and interdependencies of aggregate parts
- Develops and deploys security solutions to address business needs and provide support for connectivity issues to home-workers, mobile staff, etc.
- Resolves desktop or laptop related incidents, service requests or changes in a multi-protocol network environment, responsible for configuration control and audit of all desktop equipment
- Deploys, administers and supports the assigned application(s), participates in vendor screening and evaluation, develop & maintain process documentation
- Makes recommendations to modify existing processes to accomplish the business strategy
- Translates high level requirements into function specifications for the IT Organization and manages changes to the specifications
- Negotiates agreements by facilitating communication between Stakeholders and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum requirement, preferably in an IT, Science or Engineering discipline
- 3 years relevant experience
- Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills, write strong technical documentation and be able to work under pressure
- Possesses strong problem solving abilities
- Understand business needs, able to conduct feasibility studies to develop formal cost-benefit analysis
How To Apply
To apply, please sign on to our website at www.hiredcapital.com. You may also send resumes to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 19 Jan, 2012