Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Regional Manager, IMS. Using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) systems approach, the candidate will be responsible for the continuous improvement requirements of the IMS for the Ahafo Mine and ensure its continued accreditation to ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001, compliance with International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Newmont Standards.
- Facilitate and competent execution of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 action plans
- Develop a site-wide cross-functional contractor audit schedule and monitor its effective implementation in consultation with internal stakeholders
- Perform verification of actual completion and close-out of corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) from internal cross-functional and third party audits, including ISO/OHSAS Surveillance audits
- Contribute to the on-going development of health, safety, environmental and social responsibility standard operating procedures (SOPs), training awareness materials, work plans etc
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree or Graduate in Environmental Sciences, and or Health, Safety and Loss Prevention
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in working in health, safety, environment and social systems in the extractive, construction, engineering, etc, industries
- Good understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention, environmental impact mitigation best practices and processes
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this positions, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email to
: [email protected]Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Offer valid till: 23 Dec, 2011