The role has full responsibility for the Shea Outsourcing Operations in West Africa with attention on delivering efficient results in an acceptable and timely manner. The position is based in Tema, Ghana.
Job Title: Deputy Supply Chain Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- General Duties
- Manage and control the overall supply chain operation in West Africa, including purchasing and inventory of materials
- Deliver commercial information amongst others concerning market and crop developments
- Coordinates and resolve all complaint related to suppliers and vendors
- Control costs, quantities and quality of the Loders Croklaan West Africa supply chain and products and propose improvements to make operation more effective and efficient
- Follow up on issues/subject in respect to legal and other contract related issues
- Coach the supply chain team to ensure efficient utilization of all Human Resource
- Manage all suppliers and vendors in West Africa
- Negotiate prices and terms of engagement with suppliers and vendors.
- Coordinate and control Nuts and Butter Stock Takes at crushers’ site
- Investigate, design and develop new butter operations in the region
- Ensure effective and efficient butter export to LCA/LCE/LCI in flexi- tanks ,Iso’s and bulk shipment
- Ensure a successful implementation of SAP in the Shea supply chain operations
- Provide logistics support for the transport and export of our products
- Be responsible as the lead contact for the successful handing over of back office activities( Europe) to West Africa
- Conduct periodic business analysis in the Shea supply chain for management’s decision and planning
- Tracking and monitor shipments and stock levels of raw materials
- Make and recommend ways to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of the supply chain processes
- Ensure all task are performed with the highest regard to our safety rules and regulations
2. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Set departmental targets and PDP’s and ensure continuous review and assessment of performance
- Identifies the training needs of immediate team members and recommend appropriate training for them.
- Address disciplinary concerns affecting immediate team members in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedure.
3. Other Duties
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time and as required by Loders Croklaan West Africa.
4. Departmental Relations
Maintain contact with departmental heads and other employees on all supply chain related concerns.
5. External Relations
- Maintain relationships with all suppliers and vendors.
- Establish and maintain contact with all regulatory bodies.
6. Responsibility for Company Asset
- Has responsibility for the effective and efficient utilization of computers and other office logistics.
- Responsible for effective utilization of approved budget allocation
Postgraduate degree in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent.
At least a proven track record of 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial role.
- Supply chain management
- Knowledge in transport and logistics management
- Understanding of Regulatory and Statutory requirements
- Competent to use MS Office
- Experience with international manufacturing company
- Team-player- Ability to relate and work in cooperation with people at all levels.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High Level of confidentiality and integrity
- Exhibits high level of self-starter and ability to take initiatives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple work schedule.
The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.