Posted on :
19 Jan, 2017
19 Jan, 2017
The Private Enterprise Federation (PEF), a non-profit and non-political organization established in 1994 to support the development and growth of private sector businesses in Ghana is seeking to engage the services of experts in the above role to undertake specific assignments per the details below, under a grant from Africa Lead, A USAID Contractor:
The overall goal of the support is to strengthen the organizational, human and financial resource capacities of PEF to enable it deliver on its mandate.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
The specific timeline for each deliverable and reporting template will be documented following briefing meetings with PEF. The broad deliverables include:
• Undertake a detailed review and analysis of the Federation’s 2013-2017 Strategic Plan to reform and redirect the Strategy to create new income generating business opportunities.
• Create a sequenced Business Plan out of the Strategy for PEF and its subsidiary to produce sustainable incomes for the Federation to execute its programs and maintain operations.
• Develop a program for PEF to launch and operationalize its income producing subsidiary
• Design for Management implementation, a Monitoring and Evaluation system with performance targets and indicators and a MIS Performance Indicator Tracking and Analysis Table to evaluate operations of the Federation.
• Train staff on new business development and project cycle to enhance the Federation’s deliverables specific to its members and the private sector in general.
• Design and schedule an annual evaluation exercise to strengthen learning and sharing with verifiable accountability processes
• Undertake any other assignment relevant to the sustainable operations of the Federation and its members.
Period of Performance: March 2017 – April 2018
Estimated LOE: 12 Months
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Development, Investments & Investment banking (Local/International), Finance, Accounting or a related field is required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience working with local for-profit organizations, multilateral or bilateral international development organizations, and/or private sector institutions is required.
• Familiarity with PEF, its member organizations and other regional APEX Private Sector bodies is desirable
• Analytical skills required include: Financial viability and cost-benefit analysis of business income generating opportunities for effective institutional development. Assessment of performance management systems, or results-based management of programs and projects,
• Experience working with USG-funded or other cooperating partner agencies is preferred. • Knowledge of the Ghana and West Africa private sector engagement in trade, agriculture, agriculture research and insight to improve food and nutrition security development environment is required.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and environment, and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with various levels of management and staff and interact with a wide range of stakeholders including but not limited to political leaders, experts, national and international programs, technical and financial partners and farmer based organizations;
• Excellent writing skills and experience in report writing and technical editing of business development proposals and reports.
How to Apply
Interested Consultants can apply by submitting sealed applications and CVs with fee expectations addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and delivered or posted to the following addresses.
Private Enterprise Federation Bungalow
number 7 Prempeh II Street,
GIMPA Campus, Greenhill
Private Enterprise Federation
P. O. Box CT 1671
For further enquiries contact the Federation through 0302-974983.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2017
NB: Only short-listed Applicants will be contacted.