Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Job Title: IT Officer
The Ghana Country Office of Jhpiego Corporation is currently seeking an IT Officer to support its operations.
The IT Officer is responsible for the effective running of the servers and networks at Jhpiego Ghana office- under the direction of the Jhpiego ISTS department; providing service desk support to users; and making recommendations for improvement of IT services as required. The IT Officer is a member of Jhpiego’s Global IT team, and follows technical direction from the Director of IT.
The nature of this work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized, and who can interact with diverse end-users and technical staff, prioritize tasks, and resolve technical issues Responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly with the IT team at the Headquarters (Baltimore ISTS) team to ensure that the Country Office is in compliance with Jhpiego IT regulations and best practices
- In consultation with Baltimore ISTS develop a schedule for key activities and reviews
- Maintain system and configuration change documentation
- Follow Jhpiego IT Service Management processes
- Maintain inventory and assets of office IT hardware and software, ensuing that they are safeguarded
- Prepare, document, and communicate system status reports with Baltimore ISTS team
- Institute and maintain rigorous and regular back up system for all computers in the office ensuring that all computers are backed up at all times
- Manage the relationship with the internet service provider and ensure high-quality internet connectivity
- Monitor Sonic Wall Dashboard and Failover
- Monitor Sonic Points
- Troubleshoot internet connectivity
- Install and manage software, including license compliance
- Remedy all issues relating to malware
- Verify that Microsoft Windows and Software Updates are installed regularly
- Maintain Cellphones, desktops and laptops including the replacement of parts
- Provide IT support to staff
- Maintain network equipment including all switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and
- Riverbed SteeiHead
- Monitor and run network diagnostics to ensure that the network is running smoothly
- Maintain network devices including printers and All-in-One Copiers
- Configure and maintain servers
- Maintain and regularly test power backup systems (e.g. generators, UPSs, battery arrays)
Required Skills or Experience
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications for:
- Windows Server 2003 or higher Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Windows Server 2003 or higher Applications Infrastructure Configuration
- Cisco Certified Network Associate I Routing & Switching (CCNA R/S) certification
- Experience with Sonic Wall
- Experience with Riverbed SteeiHead technology
- Experience with server hardware from major vendors
- Experience with server operating systems and client/server based application software, including awareness of version limitations
- Experience with VMware virtualisation platform
- Understanding of switches, firewalls, disk caches, filtering systems, access policies and usage of reporting utilities present in the server operating system
- Understanding of the importance of documenting system configuration information
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar capacity
- Able to carry loads of SOibs, including servers, printers and computers for physical set up
How to Apply
- Qualified persons are required to send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to: [email protected] .
- Deadline for the submission of applications: December 10, 2018.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the organization’s mission and values
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives