Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Exploration Department by directly supervising a team of Geological Technicians and samplers located at the Akyem core shed.
- Supervise all core yard geological field activities
- Undertake safety investigations as directed
- Provide samples to assay laboratories
- Oversee the capture of technical and core processing performance data accuracy
- Implement and monitor improvement opportunities identified during continuous improvement projects
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Geology/Geosciences or equivalent relevant experience
- Must have a minimum working experience of 3 to 5 years
- Knowledge of sample preparation and analytical processes
- General knowledge of geology and computer literate
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this positions, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Newmont Golden Ridge Limited
P. O. Box 251
Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing date: 14 Oct, 2011