Posted on :
29 Sep, 2016
29 Sep, 2016
Ghana’s legal system was built on a foundation of received Anglo-Saxon common law, statutory law, and other documents, such as those heralding the legal existence of various military regimes. In addition to this received and imposed law, there is an enduring body of largely unwritten customary usages and practices that still are a contextual feature of the modem legal system of Ghana.
The legal pluralism is evidenced by a co existence of indigenous customary laws and practice, which received Anglo-Saxon common law, and some religious law, especially in the areas of marriage and inheritance events of the past and more recent events have also shaped Ghana’s legal system, and include the impact of British Colonialism, and more recently, its constitutional evolution, following independence.
Job Title: Deputy Court Manager, Law Courts Complex
Duties And Responsibilities:
To assist the Court Manager in performing the following duties
• Supervision of all the courthouse’s administrative operations, including logistics, security and ICT related matters.
• Supervision of facility management and operations plan.
• Supervision of budget development and submission.
• Supervision of the court accounting and all related financial management matters.
• Direct supervision of all case management activities in the complex.
• Identification of Human Resource needs and Human Resource development needs of the court complex in consultation with the Human Resource Director.
• Management of Judicial Service staff and contract workers in the Law Court complex.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Court Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• Should be a lawyer with a minimum of one (1) year practice.
• High Moral Character and Proven Integrity
• Good Communication Skills (Oral and Written)
• Leadership and Managerial Skills
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be directed to the address below:
THE JUDICIAL SECRETARY
P.O. BOX 119
Closing Date: 12 October, 2016