Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Hub Operations Manager
As the Hub Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the operations performance of the Logistics department across First Mile, Middle mile, sorting centre and Last mile operations; leading and keeping the teams motivated to drive the logistics KPIs as per the target.
- Ensure movement and delivery of goods within SLA within each leg as well as at an overall level. Oversee and liaise end to end to ensure stock movement efficiently across
- First Mile – Vendor Drop off centres
- Last Mile hubs – CF and 3PL and On Demand Services
- Mentor, Coach and train teams on productivity enhancement, processes and ensuring adherence to central guidelines and SOPs
- Ensure logistics teams meet all KPIs and operational metrics set for the department.
- Share weekly performance reports with senior management on current performance, improvement and challenges
- Execute and own performance improvement projects across the supply chain
- Be on ground and ensure best practices are followed in day to day operations
- A completed Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
- 5 years with 2+ years direct management experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics
- Ability to lead large teams
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations
- Proactive attitude, entrepreneur, able to work both independently and within a team.
- Hardworking, result-oriented, methodical, and very structured
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders