Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Job Title: Onsite Merchandiser
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily health-check and maintenance of the website and app to ensure quality and good user experience.
- Drive the optimization of overall Conversion Rate and key Onsite KPIs across all devices and Onsite channels – desktop, mobile and app
- Constant optimization of revenues and ensure outstanding quality of the content across devices
- Owning the website front end from A-Z and Eye for small details, everything on website is your responsibility
- Work with other teams (graphics, marketing, catmans etc) across the company and coordinate and filter onsite requests, as well as manage onsite capacity.
- Generate and share weekly report with Merchandising team to include actionable takeaways, risks and opportunities from a trend, financial and brand perspective
- Monitor, analyze, optimize and report on performance of campaigns and key learnings to maximize results
- Be a source of innovative ideas; Improve landing pages/campaign designs and performance and give feedback
- Weekly campaign planning and monitoring for efficient e-merchandising: challenge product assortment, catalog structure and navigation, and optimize user experience to maximize sales
- Track key business indicators and ensure regular reporting and feedback with high value-added analysis (shop, search, category performance…)
- Proactively monitor product and category performance, recommending new strategies to drive business performance
- Team work and knowledge sharing between Jumia countries by sharing valuable learning and applying best practices
- Be Creative and keep up to date with new ecommerce ideas and innovations to try
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with a cross-functional team of category managers, marketing professionals, design teams and others to create a world-class customer experience
- Sales mentality and proactive thinker who can translate corporate product management strategy into an online experience
- Ability to prioritize work, understand and follow processes, and utilize available resources.
- Ability to understand commercial/campaign requests and translate to design briefs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple campaigns/projects, including prioritization, planning and execution
- Strong and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency and good working knowledge of CSS, HTML, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills; as well as ability to work and deliver under pressure, and within tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Must possess eCommerce and business acumen