Posted on :
23 Apr, 2015
23 Apr, 2015
Keegan Resources Ghana Ltd. (“KRGL”) is a fully owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company
which is building the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s next goldmine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
KRGL is seeking to employ a qualified person to fill the role below. This is a permanent position with a competitive work roster resident in a single status camp environment. The camp’s facilities include fully serviced air-conditioned rooms, Wi-Fi access, laundry service, wet mess, sporting facilities (swimming pool, gym, volleyball/basketball, tennis, pool tables, table soccer, soccer grounds). Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance based incentive payments.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to
demonstrate his/her abilities.
Position: Engineering Supervisor – Electricals
• Lead a team of skilled electrical technicians in the execution of all electrical works on the mine and processing plant;
• Generate, issue and control daily job cards for work to be undertaken;
• Ensure that all critical spares are maintained within specified limits
• Ensure that all maintenance activities are accurately recorded
• Identify tasks and Develop appropriate standard operating procedures;
• Ensure that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks)
• Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
• Ensure the team work in line with safety, health and environmental policies and procedures on site.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of HND or equivalent technical qualification in electrical and electronic engineering;
• 10 years practical electrical engineering experience in a mining or related environment, five of which must be in a supervisory position;
• Must have HT and MV switching experience and a strong skill set in working on MV motors;
• Strong experience in Variable speed drives, Soft-?starters and industrial drive systems;
• Strong computer background in MS office and Autocad;
• Minerals commission’s certification will be an added advantage.
• Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR Administration,
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O.Box CT 6153,
Closing Date: 30 April, 2015