Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Job Title: Chief Accountant
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the internal controls in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting staff understands all their duties as well as Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for supervising and guiding the accounting staff. Distribute tasks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily accounting tasks are accurate and on time.
- Responsible in assisting during the month-end closing preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for assisting other managers with arising queries as well as providing them with reports needed for the operation.
- Responsible for assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the assistant controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the assistant controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Must be an Expat
- Must be a chartered Accountant
- College education or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in diverse accounting roles
- 2+ years in an accounting management position
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and PCI DSS
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.