Job Title: Leading Hand Batch Plant Operator
Location: Bibiani, Western Region, Ghana
Mixing of concrete
- Ability to shotcrete using Jacon machine
- Ability to operate the batch plant and to know the right mix
- Ability to use a Front end loader
- Ability to operating the Agitator Truck
- Ensure the batching plant area is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times
- Spot check concrete & make adjustments to recipes where necessary
- Keep stocks up to date, order materials such as cement, aggregates & admixtures
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance
- Ensure all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions at all times
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team member
- Report all accidents, unsafe positions, defective equipment, and safety complaints to immediate supervisor or to HSE representative
- Actively participate in the CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Use materials and supplies in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Complete end of shift tasks including status checks, data reporting and handover in preparation for the incoming shift team
- Work with little or no supervision by following technical instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of underground mining processes and operations
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the company’s policies.
Charging and firing blast holes in a safe and efficient manner using a variety of explosives depending on the drill pattern, rock type, and hole dimensions.
- Tamps material to secure charge and prevent the force of the blast from escaping through blast hole.
- Inspects the blasting area to ensure that safety laws are observed and signals workers to clear the area.
- Positions assembled primer and blasting cap in the hole at a depth that will cause a most effective explosion.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a Blastman Certificate of Competency issued by the Mines Inspectorate with at least 5 years exposure to the mining industry
- Ability to mark up drill patterns and do charge up without supervision
- Ability to work safely in a mining environment
Career Framework and Level
- Must possess at least MSLC/SHS Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Underground Mining Operations.
- Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and good personal behavior.
- Results-oriented and meets deadlines.
- Must have a thorough understanding of underground mining operations, and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with defensive driving skills.
Closing Date : 16th May, 2020