Kintampo Health Research Centre (KHRC) is a well-established, African-based, research centre and one of three field research centres of the Research and Development Division of the Ghana Health Service an agency of the Ministry of Health. The work of KHRC has implications for health policy and practice throughout Ghana, Africa and the rest of the world. KHRC is situated in the middle part of Ghana and offers research and training services nationally and internationally and its staffs are multidisciplinary.
Job Title: Account Clerks
KHRC is looking for an accounts clerk to employ.
- Prepares daily bank balance reports
- Writing of Payment vouchers with authorization from the Accountant/Financial Administrator.
- Running of errands and performing daily banking activities
- Collection of cheques and making payments to suppliers and other creditors, both within and outside the operational areas.
- Filing of Payment Vouchers and financial documents in the appropriate format
- Assisting with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist with tax computations and returns
- Assist with account/bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Assist in electronic financial data entry
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the Director or Accountants/Financial Administrator
Required Skills or Experience
- DBS or Diploma in Accounting or equivalent (only) from a recognized institution.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position
- Must have knowledge of applicable local statutes, laws, codes and regulations
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must pay attention to details
- Must be proactive, hardworking, results-oriented and, honest
- Must be able to work under pressure and be an excellent team player
- Must be someone who loves traveling
- Having knowledge in any accounting software and Microsoft excel will be an advantage
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants should send an application letter with detailed CV online to [email protected] or visit