Posted on :
28 Nov, 2022
28 Nov, 2022
Job Title: Senior Officer, Board Secretariat (Senior Legal Officer)
• The role holder will assist the Company Secretary/CEO in the discharge of its duties to the Board of Directors, stakeholders, and key management personnel of the organization
• Assist the Company Secretary to organize Board and sub-committee meetings and meetings of the executive and management committees.
• Take minutes, circulate, and follow up on action points.
• Update stakeholders on directives, regulations, and best practices.
• Assist the Company Secretary to administer the evaluation of board members and key management personnel.
• Circulate and distribute documents and notices pertaining to the Board meetings.
• Organise and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files.
• Drafting of all correspondences to the board of directors and key management personnel.
• Review and upload board papers to the Diligent Board Portal and notification of directors of current uploads.
• Assisting the Company Secretary with all corporate governance requirements pertaining to the role of the Company Secretary.
• Drafting correspondences with regulators and key stakeholders
• Liaise with external Lawyers and firms for support.
• Any other responsibility or role assigned by the Company Secretary from time to time.
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Experience in a local firm which must include exposure and participation in: Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions.
• Knowledge of the meeting procedures, decision-making rules, governance policies, corporate and regulatory rules and norms
• Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills
• Minimum of 4 years progressive / relevant experience in a similar role
• Degree in Law with qualifying certificate in law (QCL)
• Post-Graduate Qualification in Commercial Law and International Commercial Law is an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Senior Officer, Board Secretariat (Senior Legal Officer)” to: