Posted on :
30 Oct, 2017
30 Oct, 2017
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
Job Title: Manager, Fin Policy & Op Risk
•Drive full implementation and adherence to Financial Controls Policy across the West African Cluster (Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivorie, Sierra Leone and The Gambia) and also serve as a contact point/ Subject matter Expert to the Cost Centre / Account Owners on all requirements of the Financial Control Policy
•Drive the GL accounts reconciliation process bank-wide ensuring completeness, timeliness of reconciliations at the right quality and also ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored, and promptly escalated.
•Foster a culture of risk awareness by communicating clear standards of conduct and driving the message of zero tolerance for operational losses.
-Support the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensure material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence per group policy.
-Support the day-to-day controls & periodic monitoring of activities, timely identification and reporting of significant risks & losses, and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions
-Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes and drive the adoption of standardized reporting across West Africa
-Perform reasonableness review of high Risk Accounts and ensure prompt escalation of any exceptions
•Responsible for the timely identification, assessment, mitigation, reporting and escalation of all identified Operational Risk exposures. Assist in identification of operational risk for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks and implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate those risks.
-Execute an effective risk management framework, and promote a strong risk management and a compliance culture.
-Drive adherence to the operational risk management framework i.e. the identification, assessment, mitigation, control and monitoring of operational risk and control issues. In addition, monitor all material Operational Risk exposures and key external trends in accordance with Operational Risk Policies and Procedures and any directives, policies and procedures
– Ensure that material gross and residual risk exposures, control weaknesses, losses and near misses are reported to the FORC and Unit mangers as appropriate.
– Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Control Sample Testing (CST) process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards and facilitating the monitoring/collection of any Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and ensuring that proper action plans are in place for recurring breaches
-Monitor and ensure timely completion of ORF checks by the finance Teams, ensure escalation of exceptions noted if any, through appropriate forum
– Coordinate with Internal and Statutory Auditors in terms of all Financial Control and Risk related activities / framework and ensure all issues identified are promptly resolved.
-Develop control enhancements to ensure that any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards.
Qualifications and Skills
– First Degree in BSc. Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar degree
– Desirable – Professional certifications in Accounting, Professional Membership in ACCA or equivalent
– Work experience in financial control / operational risk functions of, internal audit of FIs or external audit from Big 4 firms.
– Cross team collaboration and leadership experience skills – proactive engagement with various units across different geographies
– Languages: English,French(Desirable)
The closing date for applications is 06/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record of your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.