Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Directors, Near-Mine and Generative Exploration. S/he will coordinate all HSLP activity and initiatives and lead safety investigations for Exploration.
- Manage and direct the activities of Exploration Loss Control and Environment Advisors. Apply where appropriate Newmont HSLP standardized training programs for employees and contractors in all aspects of loss control, health and safety, environment and personal security
- Assist regional exploration management with identifying and managing high areas of safety and environmental risk and also maintain a West Africa exploration risk register
- Assist regional exploration management in developing, implementing, and monitoring loss control systems to reduce risks. Ensure that all activities of loss control team are consistent with Newmont HSLOP policy and standards, including compliance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Investigation/Reporting – Maintain and improve procedures up to closure of all investigation and reporting
- Assist in the identification, implementation and follow up to closure of all corrective actions resulting from investigation outcomes
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional safety role
- A managerial experience specific to loss control management
- Comprehensive understanding of safety management systems
- Competent in Risk Management processes related to HSLP practices
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for any of the above position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Department
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
Or email to: [email protected]
Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing 26 Oct, 2011