Posted on :
13 Dec, 2017
13 Dec, 2017
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
Job Title: Operations Manager
• Strives for operational excellence and profitability.
• Implements Global/Region policies, guidelines and strategies.
• Develops and transfers world-class operations and technical capabilities, competencies and expertise to the local business.
• Assists MD in implementing company governance and compliance policies.
• Working in an exciting Inland Services entity team geared for growth.
• Multi-dimensional role with multiple LSC activities.
• Exposure to Inland Services management & operations planning.
• Exciting changing environment in a multi-national environment.
• Responsible for delivering objectives which are within the strategy & business plans set forth by the country management team.
• Responsible for delivering objectives related to the strategies for the company, including business planning and budgeting of Operations and Technical units.
• Ensures that operations undertaken follow and respect APMT’s HSSE standards and procedures at all times.
• Drives efforts of continuous modification of existing methods in order to improve processes, increase productivity and better manage costs & operational overheads.
• Responsible for the delivery of the business plans, concerning Ops, HSSE, and technical.
• Provides the leadership and direction for organization’s operations drive within the country covering all key activities i.e. Depot, Trucking and Technical.
• Drives T&L collaboration with other T&L brands.
• Manages the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships with customers.
• Determines appropriate staffing levels and ensure optimized Operations team setup.
• Implements business priorities to meet customer requirements.
• Establishes and implement current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies of Trucking operations and expansion.
• Ensures procedures are aligned with Regional norms & standards.
• Improves efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems as applicable locally as well as in conjunction with other Terminals.
• Drives, develops, and deploys best practices within operations and maintenance, including use of APMT Global tool where available.
• Take a leading role in selection, negotiation & finalizing agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
We are looking for
• Preferably a university degree in logistics, maritime and port, or process/industrial engineering or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years in Transport & Logistics management roles in container terminals or similar industry.
• At least 3 years’ experience would be in handling of operational technical issues & negotiations with third parties.
• A good understanding of the role of HSSE in an inland container terminal environment.
• Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with Port and other government authorities, shipping lines and other associated industry players.
• Experience in cost and productivity optimization through process optimization, as well as design and implementation of new operation procedures.
• Experience in finance related matters: setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Fluent in local language (where applicable) and English
• Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.