MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Job Title: NOC Support Engineer
The NOC Engineer will be responsible for the first line network monitoring, change management, and incident management support on the elements and components of the Main One network, using various network management and trouble ticketing systems.
Specifically, the NOC Engineer’s responsibility includes:
- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Open a trouble ticket (TT) for every network event and ensure it is tracked up to the point of closure.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as track escalations and other key performance indicators.
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Manage appropriate communication to achieve excellence service experience during the incident handling
- Ensure change management process with customers’ are adhered to.
Required Skills or Experience
- B.Sc./HND/Diploma in Telecoms/Computer/Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- No working experience required, but it is a plus
- Basic SDH, IP & Telecoms Knowledge
- Eager and quick to learn.
- Excellent communicator with a natural flare for dealing with people.
- Able to use initiative to tackle a broad range of problems, while still following procedures and processes
- Strong diagnostic, analysis and problem resolution skills with a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Able to work well within a busy team and handle a wide range of issues.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.
- Good technical documentation skills
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel within and out of the country at short notice
- Good research skills.