Posted on :
25 Oct, 2019
25 Oct, 2019
Lead the development and implementation of policies – strategic, annual, operational and other plans of the Service
Job Title: Assistant Auditor-General- Legal
• Ensure the development and implementation of the Annual Legal Plan of the Section
• Lead the preparation of cases for prosecution and/or defence;
• Follow-up of judgements of the court;
• Provide inputs in the develop and implement legal standards, guidelines methodologies as well as the certification of reforms in the public sector financial accounting systems;
• Provide input in the preparation of Annual Activity and other periodic Progress Reports of the Department for onward submission to the A-G and the ASB
• Collaborate with the DAG/Legal in the implementation of policies, standards and guidelines on human resource management within the Department.
• Provide inputs for the preparation of the Annual Budget of the Department
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A Lawyer called to the Bar
• A minimum of thirteen (13) years post qualification working experience of which six (6) years must be at a management level.
• Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management experience.
• Excellent presentation, negotiating, lobbying and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Excellent , communication, presentation and inter personal skills
• Wide knowledge in Public Sector Laws and Statutes
• Excellent knowledge of Public Financial Management Systems
• Knowledge in Industrial and Labour relations
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications
• Good ethical background