Posted on :
10 May, 2012
10 May, 2012
Careers in Ghana (CIG) is a global executive search and international recruitment company recruiting talents in a range of sectors and skill functions at the Graduate and Non Graduate, middle to senior levels. As a comprehensive supplier in Executive recruitment for mid to senior levels, At Careers in Ghana our simple philosophy is to attract high-caliber Ghanaian talent from around the world, ensuring you recruit the best in the market.
Our relationship with Global Career Company has turned us into a leading international recruitment consultancy with a unique service offering, our mission is to help you create your own talent pipeline of internationally-oriented graduates and professionals and to recruit critical skills for your operations across Ghana & Africa. Our recruitment team has over 6 years experience delivering tailored recruitment solutions to multinationals and leading Ghanaian companies. We are recruiting for one of our clients:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
You will design, build, install and service mechanical machinery, components and tools across a range of industries. These include the manufacturing, Mining, construction, power, transport.
• Understanding production processes, and planning and installation of machinery and parts in line with design plans and timescales.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
• Understanding maintenance systems and scheduling
• Prepare budgets, tenders, and evaluate operational costs
• Research and Development – assessing new products and innovations, and Earth Moving prototypes
• Design – turning research ideas into technical plans
• Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
Skills & Interests
To be a mechanical engineer you should have:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
• Excellent technical knowledge
• Good team working skills
• The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
• A high level of computer literacy, particularly computer-aided design
• Good commercial awareness
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
HND or degree in mechanical engineering or a related engineering subject
Experience of working in a pressurized environment essential
Experience of working in similar organization required
Send Application (CV and Covering Letter) to : Email: [email protected]