MRB is a transformation of the savings and credits operational activities of Microfin Plus Ghana (MFPG), a Financial Non-Governmental Organization (FNGO) which has operated in Central Region for the past three years, in response to the ‘Regularization of the Microfinance Sector’ by Bank of Ghana.
Microfin Rural Bank is fully networked and linked with One Hundred and Forty One (141) rural banks and their over Seven hundred (700) branches all over Ghana through ARB Apex Bank
The bank’s head office is located at Gomoa Pomadze in the Gomoa East District of the Central Region of Ghana. There are three (3) branches located at Gomoa Pomadze, Kasoa and Mankessim respectively
Job Title: Risk Management Officer
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, and Identify critical Risks inherent in the operations of the bank, develop and implement the Bank’s Risk Management Framework
- Ensure effective and efficient management of Operational Risk
- Ensure effective and efficient management of Liquidity Risk.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of Credit Risk
- Ensure effective and efficient management of Interest Rate Risk
- Periodically assess effectiveness of Controls identified in implementing the Risk Management Framework of the bank
- Develop Risk Awareness programme for Staff and Board .
- Submit comprehensive reports on risk identified and propose strategies for managing such Risks to the Management and the Board.
Required Skills or Experience
- ACCA ,CIMA, ACIB or 1st Degree in Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Mathematics
- At least 4 years working experience in Banking Operations and Risk Management in a financial institution
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of the T24 Banking software
- Experience in Auditing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications with advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel applications
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- A strategic thinker, results oriented and proactive
- High level of analytical skills and meticulous
- Able to keep confidential information
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications and CV with 3 professional referees to
The Human Resource Manager,
Microfin Rural Bank Limited
P.O Box K.U 78
or email to [email protected] by 25th March, 2017.